The newsletter for community organisations funded by the Ministry of Social Development.
Issue 23 - October 2012
Welcome to the 23rd edition of Funding News. This is the White paper issue and in it we tell you about the key reforms under the White Paper including:
- the White Paper process overview
- an information system to identify vulnerable children earlier
- compulsory child protection policies for agencies working with children
- a new Child Protect Line to report abuse
- new local Children’s Teams
- making sure services work
- supporting and improving the children’s workforce
- high quality services for children in State care
- scholarships and mentoring for vulnerable children
- stronger action against child abusers
- a new Vulnerable Children’s Bill.